With a population of just over 10,000 people, Town and Country is a small city located in west St. Louis County. It’s bordered by some of the more affluent neighborhoods in St. Louis, such as Ladue and Frontenac.
Given its location and demographics, one might assume that Town and Country is a safe places to live and visit. However, this is not always the case. Here’s what you need to know about safety in Town and Country.
Criminal Activity in Town and Country
Like any city, Town and Country have their share of crime. According to the most recent data from the state, there were 164 crimes committed in Town and Country in 2021. Of those, there were:
– 0 murders/non-negligent manslaughters
– 0 rapes
– 1 robbery
– 7 aggravated assaults
– 24 burglaries
– 114 larcenies/thefts
– 18 motor vehicle thefts
As you can see, most crimes committed in Town and Country are property crimes (burglaries, robberies/thefts, and motor vehicle thefts). However, a handful of violent crimes (murders/non-negligent manslaughters, rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults) were also committed.
Safety Tips for Residents & Visitors
There are a few things you can do to stay safe in Town and Country:
1. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Being aware of who or what is around you when walking, driving, or even sitting at home is essential. If you see something suspicious, don’t hesitate to call the police.
2. Keep your doors locked at all times, both when you’re home and away. This includes your car and the doors to your home or business.
3. If you’re out walking or jogging, stay in well-lit areas as much as possible. Avoid shortcuts through dark alleyways or parking lots. And be sure to tell someone where you’re going before you head out.
While no city is entirely free of crime, Town and Country are generally safe places to live in and visit. However, it’s essential to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to protect yourself from becoming a victim of crime. Following the safety tips listed above can help keep yourself safe while enjoying everything that Town and Country offers.
Looking for more info about Town and Country, MO? Check this out:
- Population of Town & Country
- Weather in Town & Country
- Where is Town and Country?
- Best Boutiques in Town and Country